This question is frequently asked because people associate the “cracking” or “popping” of one’s back or neck with a chiropractic adjustment. The two are not the same thing. If a person has a desire to “crack” his/her neck or back it is often because one area of their spine is fixated or jammed causing another area to move too much and “pop”, sometimes by itself. It’s the fixated or jammed area that needs to be properly adjusted by a chiropractor so that the other parts of the spine will not be hypermobile and noisy. When you “crack” your back you may be relieving the tension for a little while. Do you notice how it keeps coming back? That is because you are not giving yourself a specific chiropractic adjustment. The cause of the spinal tension, the fixated or jammed (subluxated) vertebrae, has not been corrected. Any person who makes a habit out of “cracking” or “popping” their back or neck needs to go to a Doctor of Chiropractic to have their spine checked.
- Cutting Edge Orthopedic and Pain Management Centers in Monmouth and Ocean County, NJ
- Monmouth Pain Welcomes Nick Occhipinti, D.C. to the Chiropractic Team!
- Low Level Light Laser (cold laser therapy)
- Acupuncture for back and neck pain in Monmouth and Ocean County, NJ
- All about arthritis, and how Monmouth Pain can help!