Physical Therapy for Leg Pain in Monmouth & Ocean County
Depending on the cause of leg pain, physical therapy can be an extremely useful treatment option.
There are two main goals of physical therapy for leg pain:
- to reduce pain while increasing mobility and range of motion
- help patients regain or build strength in order to reduce the chance of future injury
Some of the most common causes of leg pain are as follows:
• Nerve Irritation/Sciatica: In some cases, leg pain may result from problems with the muscles, tendons or ligaments that create pressure on the nerves that lead to the legs. For example, sciatica results from the compression, irritation or inflammation of the sciatic nerve, which runs from the lower back down to the legs.
• Trauma: Muscle strains and tears as well as tendinitis and other injuries can cause leg pain.
• Arthritis: Arthritis causes pain and inflammation in the joints of the body. Whether the leg is at rest or in active use, pain may be experienced depending on the type of arthritis from which a patient is suffering. For example, degenerative arthritis can cause pain while the body is in motion, which rheumatoid arthritis can be painful even when at rest.
If you are experiencing leg pain, whether from one of the causes listed above, or from another situation the team at Monmouth Pain & Rehabilitation have the tools to address the underlying issue and get you back to optimal health. We also have other modalities such as chiropractic, massage therapy, and acupuncture in our Shrewsbury, Freehold, Wall, & Lacey offices should the situation warrant other simultaneous approaches. To schedule a FREE consultation ($245 value) call our office today at 732-345-1377 or fill out the form on this page. Pain doesn’t have to be forever!