Neuromuscular Re-education includes but is not limited to Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF), vibrational therapy and balance retraining. If one of our New Jersey patient’s has a gait deficit, then specific one on one functional rehabilitation designed to improve gait such as guiding a patient with eyes closed on a balance beam or assisting them as they perform a series of one legged eyes closed exercises on the vibration plate are common methods. For example, one of our patients suffers from carpal tunnel syndrome, is a chef in Monmouth County and has a deficit in holding a pan for prolonged periods of time. Holding the pan over the grill is necessary for him to perform his work functions. We may employ neuromuscular reeducation to retrain the muscles surrounding the wrist. In this example we may employ a Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) type of exercise while the patient repeats the action that he is unable to perform at work. Of course, this type of therapy is always performed one on one with the practitioner facilitating the neuromuscular function.
- Using a Multi Approach Recipe to Fix Your Carpal Tunnel and Wrist Problems
- Have Anxiety? Find Relief with Acupuncture Treatment in Monmouth County NJ
- The Benefits of Power Plate Vibration Therapy at Monmouth Pain
- The Best Stretches to Combat Sitting!
- Tips to Avoid Neck and Back Pain While Working From Home