Physical therapy can be a tremendously effective treatment when dealing with leg pain. Physical therapy can be helpful for strengthening and minimizing possibilities of injuries in the future. Leg pain can be linked to the following:
- Trauma- Leg pain can arise from tendonitis and muscle strains.
- Arthritis- Depending on the type and severity of arthritis, your leg may be experiencing pain during movement or even at rest.
- Nerve Irritation/Sciatica- When there are issues with ligaments, muscles, or tendons, you may also experience leg pain as a result of pressures in nerves that extend to the legs.
Physical Therapy and Leg Pain at Monmouth Pain and Rehabilitation At our Monmouth County facility near Belmar, NJ, we can treat leg pain by first identifying the cause of the problem, which can be achieved through our diagnostic tools such as traditional x-ray, Electrodiagnostic nerve testing, and Fluoroscopy. Treatments for leg pain are categorized as healthy, drug-free, and conservative approaches such as physical therapy programs. Physical therapy methods that can be utilized at our Monmouth Pain and Rehabilitation facility close to Belmar, NJ include:
- Low Level Laser Therapy- This treatment approach can cause an increase in circulation, and avert scar tissue from forming.
- Electrotherapy- This method can be effective for eliminating inflammation and pain, and further address weaknesses or spasm within muscles.
- Exercise- This physical therapy technique can be extremely helpful in regaining strength, motion, and flexibility.
- Hot and Cold Therapy- Hot and Cold therapy can be used to either increase or slow down circulation. Heath therapy can enhance oxygen flow with an increase of circulations. Cold therapy can reduce muscle spasms and inflammation as a result of a slowed down circulation.
- Spinal Decompression Traction- This treatment can help get rid of pressure experienced, which is responsible for causing leg pain. This method can be beneficial for treating leg pain resulting from sciatica.
Physical Therapy for Leg Pain Available to Belmar Residents If you are experiencing leg pain and would like to learn more about our physical therapy programs available to Belmar, NJ contact us at (732) 345-1377. In addition to offering physical therapy at Monmouth Pain and Rehabilitation, we also offer acupuncture, chiropractic care, and non-invasive medical care.