Physical Therapy Treatment for Whiplash in Spring Lake, NJ
Whiplash can be commonly described as a product from sports injury or auto accidents, occurs when there is a blow to the head that results in movement of the neck that is outside of the normal range of movement. Whiplash is characterized by an injury to the soft tissues of the neck.
What are Symptoms of Whiplash?
- Muscle Spasms
- Pain from the neck to the shoulders or arms
- Neck Swelling
- Unable to move the neck
In some cases, these symptoms may not develop immediately following the injury, but in other cases they may be present soon after injury. When symptoms appear quickly after injury, the damage to the neck could be more serious.
If left untreated, whiplash could include several long-term issues such as:
- (Chronic pain) Neck pain for an elongated time
- When there is chronic pain present, this may leave the patient to overusing over-the-counter and prescription pain medications.
- Whiplash can also lead to an irregular neck curvature. An optimal neck position relates to the soft spinal cord that allows for a normal blood flow and nerves to the rest of the body, as well as head support. When these health issues are present, additional health issues can arise and ultimately may lead to a shorter lifespan.
Physical Therapy Treatments for Whiplash near Spring Lake
Our physical therapists at Monmouth County facilities can work with you to design a program specialized to diminish pain associated with whiplash and eliminate pain and symptoms involved in order to regain flexibility, movement, and functionality.
Physical Therapy Techniques for Treating Whiplash
At our Monmouth Pain facility, our team of Physical Therapists can work with you to treat whiplash through a number of physical therapy treatment methods, including but not limited to:
- Ultrasound: This can diminish pain, cramps, swelling, and muscle spasm.
- Low Level Laser Therapy: This type of treatment can be used to alleviate inflammation and pain, and also be associated to having a faster healing process.
- Deep Tissue Massage: This technique can exercise muscle tensions that come with whiplash.
Whiplash Treatment Available to residents of Spring Lake, NJ
Aside from physical therapy treatments for whiplash, our team of specialists can also provide chiropractic care. Utilizing chiropractic care at our facility near Spring Lake, NJ can also help enhance and improve your posture and spinal alignment, while also decreasing the pain experienced with whiplash.
For more information on treating whiplash in Monmouth County, contact us at 732-345-1377.