(732) 345-1377 info@monmouthpain.com

Choosing a Medical Practitioner for Tingling/Numbness

A Physiatrist is a medical doctor that focuses on Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. This type of doctor specializes in the non-surgical treatment of a number of conditions, including chronic illnesses, injury, acute and chronic pain, and musculoskeletal conditions. At Monmouth Pain and Rehabilitation, our Physiatrist acts as the head of a team of specialists to create multi-disciplinary plans for pain management and rehabilitation.

For patients with tingling or numbness, the Physiatrist at our Shrewsbury, Freehold, Wall, & Lacey NJ facility first completes a comprehensive orthopedic and neurological diagnosis before formulating a rehabilitation plan that may include any of the following:

Physical Therapy, including vibration therapy using Power Plate technology, as well as Ultrasound, Electrotherapy, and heat and cold therapies;

Low Level Laser Therapy;

Spinal Decompression Traction

Acupuncture; and

Spinal Manipulation.