The spinal discs rest between the bones of the spine to provide comfort and movement. These discs are composed of an outer membrane that is filled with an inner cushion of collagen and water. Disc injuries are caused by trauma, degeneration, or may occur without any obvious cause. Such injuries, which are most often experienced in the neck and the lower back, signify that inner disc material is protruding from its protective shell and affecting the spinal nerves. When the disc herniates, the outer membrane ruptures and allows its contents to move outward and closer to the spinal cord.
- Cold Laser Therapy at Monmouth Pain
- Low back pain? Feeling tight, stiff, or aching after a day at work?
- Do you suffer from upper back pain? Acupuncture at Monmouth Pain can help!
- Monmouth Pain’s Knee Injection Therapy Program is Designed to Relieve Joint and Knee Pain Quickly and Safely
- How we care for foot pain can change the way the rest of your body operates.