For more information about Acupuncture for Weight Gain call our office at 732-345-1377.
Acupuncture can benefit your body and help with weight loss. There are two causes for your body to gain weight, fat cell deposits and water retention. At Monmouth Pain and Rehabilitation we have trained, Certified Acupuncturists available in Red Bank that can help you lose weight with Acupuncture.
There are many reasons that people gain weight. Some of these include stress, an imbalance of hormones, a slowed metabolism, overeating, poor nutrition and/or lack of exercise.
Acupuncture is not a cure all for weight problems, but it is effective in aiding with the initial loss and maintenance, as long as the patient is willing to make the changes needed for a healthier lifestyle.
Acupuncture can have an influence on the “hunger” hormones, leptin and ghrelin. Leptin is a hormone, made by fat cells, that decreases your appetite.
Ghrelin is a hormone that increases appetite and plays a role in body weight. Acupuncture has shown to increase ghrelin while decreasing leptin, thus curbing the appetite
The guiding principal is that acupuncture can help manage weight by curbing appetite and cravings, boosting the metabolism, improving digestion and regulating obesity-related hormones. It also strengthens the function of the liver, which produces many chemicals critical for digestion, processing nutrients and breaking down of fats.
Suggestions to incorporate on your weight loss journey
- Be active. Move. Aim for some form of physical activity for an hour daily. Find a partner- this way you hold one another accountable and workouts will be more fun.
- Drink plenty of water. This will keep you hydrated, energetic, and trick your brain into thinking you are full.Getting adequate and quality rest is important for the body to function properly.
- Getting adequate and quality rest is important for the body to function properly.
- Eat well balanced, fresh, whole foods. You are what you eat. Eating foods with a higher vibration will increase yours. By raising the vibration of the body, fungi, viruses, disease and bacteria cannot thrive.
- Be positive. Practice patience and positivity. Changing a diet and lifestyle takes time and practice, so be gentle with yourself.
Acupuncture for weight gain can be extremely beneficial, to learn more visit our Monmouth Pain and Rehabilitation center today at 732-345-1377 and speak with our Certified Acupuncturists in Red Bank.