Acupuncture in Wall, NJ at Monmouth Pain
Acupuncture: A Holistic Approach to Pain Relief and Wellness
At Monmouth Pain, we understand the impact that chronic pain and various health conditions can have on your daily life. That’s why we offer acupuncture as a safe and effective alternative treatment option. Our team of highly skilled acupuncturists is dedicated to providing compassionate care and helping you achieve optimal health and wellness.
Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine practice that involves the insertion of thin needles into specific points on the body. It is based on the belief that energy flows through pathways called meridians, and when this energy is blocked or imbalanced, it can result in pain and illness. By stimulating these acupuncture points, balance is restored, promoting the body’s natural healing abilities.
One of the remarkable aspects of acupuncture is its ability to address a wide range of conditions. While commonly known for its effectiveness in treating back pain, neck pain, headaches, knee pain, shoulder pain, and hip pain, acupuncture can also provide relief for various other conditions. This includes stress management, foot pain, ankle pain, wrist pain, elbow pain, and more.
Our acupuncturists at Monmouth Pain take a personalized and comprehensive approach to your care. They will carefully assess your condition, taking into consideration your unique symptoms, medical history, and individual needs. This allows them to develop a customized treatment plan that targets the root cause of your pain or discomfort.
In addition to pain relief, acupuncture offers numerous general benefits that contribute to overall well-being. It can help improve sleep quality, boost the immune system, enhance mental clarity, and promote relaxation. Many patients also report experiencing reduced stress levels and an increased sense of emotional well-being after acupuncture sessions.
At Monmouth Pain, we prioritize your comfort and satisfaction throughout your acupuncture journey. Our acupuncturists are not only highly skilled but also caring and compassionate in their approach. They will provide a supportive and nurturing environment, ensuring that you feel at ease during your treatment sessions.
If you are seeking a holistic approach to pain management and improved wellness, acupuncture may be the solution you’ve been searching for. Contact Monmouth Pain today to schedule a consultation and discover the many benefits that acupuncture can offer. Let us help you regain control of your health and live a pain-free life.
Acupuncture has been found to be beneficial for a wide range of conditions.
Some common conditions that acupuncture can help with include:
- Pain Management: Acupuncture is widely known for its ability to provide relief from various types of pain, including back pain, neck pain, knee pain, shoulder pain, and headaches. It can also be effective in managing pain associated with conditions such as arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Stress and Anxiety: Acupuncture can help reduce stress levels and promote relaxation. It has been shown to regulate the body’s stress response and release endorphins, which are natural painkillers and mood enhancers.
- Digestive Disorders: Acupuncture can help improve digestion and alleviate symptoms of digestive disorders such as indigestion, bloating, acid reflux, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Sleep Disorders: Acupuncture has been found to be effective in improving sleep quality and treating insomnia. It can help regulate sleep patterns and promote deep, restful sleep.
- Women’s Health Issues: Acupuncture can provide relief for menstrual cramps, PMS symptoms, and menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes and mood swings. It can also support fertility and assist with issues related to pregnancy and childbirth.
- Respiratory Conditions: Acupuncture can help manage respiratory conditions such as asthma, allergies, sinusitis, and bronchitis. It can help reduce inflammation, improve lung function, and relieve congestion.
- Mental Health: Acupuncture has shown promise in treating mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It can help regulate neurotransmitters and promote emotional well-being.
- Immune System Support: Acupuncture can strengthen the immune system, making it beneficial for individuals with weak immune systems or frequent infections.
It’s important to note that every individual is unique, and the effectiveness of acupuncture may vary depending on the person and their specific condition. It is always recommended to consult with a qualified acupuncturist to determine if acupuncture is the right treatment option for you.
“I can truly say Monmouth Pain took me out of my serious pain and let me live my life again! I had been to 3 orthopedic surgeons who ALL told me I needed knee replacements. I came into Monmouth Pain after seeing an ad in the newspaper. I met with Dr. Dandrea at the time and started my treatments which really helped! I then started Acupuncture down the line, which I was very skeptical about. I can tell you now that if I miss a treatment, I feel it! I can truly say Monmouth Pain took me out of my serious pain and let me live my life again!”
– Janet Z.
*Results may vary from person to person.
“I truly enjoy it which means it must be working.” I began acupuncture in January of 2014 and truly take advantage of the relaxation I gain from my treatments. Relaxation is hard for me to obtain outside of acupuncture so the time that I have for myself during treatment is amazing. I truly enjoy it which means it must be working.
– Julia W.
*Results may vary from person to person.
Acupuncture offers several benefits for pain management:
- Natural Pain Relief: Acupuncture stimulates the release of endorphins, which are the body’s natural painkillers. These endorphins help to reduce pain sensations and promote a sense of well-being.
- Reduced Inflammation: Acupuncture has been found to have anti-inflammatory effects. By reducing inflammation in the body, acupuncture can help alleviate pain associated with conditions such as arthritis, tendonitis, and other inflammatory disorders.
- Improved Blood Circulation: Acupuncture promotes better blood circulation to the affected areas of the body. Improved circulation helps to deliver oxygen and nutrients to the tissues, facilitating the healing process and reducing pain.
- Relaxation and Stress Reduction: Acupuncture sessions provide a calming and relaxing experience. The insertion of needles at specific points on the body promotes the release of neurotransmitters that help to reduce stress and anxiety. By lowering stress levels, acupuncture can indirectly alleviate pain that is exacerbated by stress.
- Enhanced Range of Motion: Acupuncture can help improve joint mobility and range of motion, making it beneficial for individuals with conditions such as arthritis or musculoskeletal injuries. By reducing pain and inflammation, acupuncture allows for increased flexibility and ease of movement.
- Holistic Approach: Acupuncture takes a holistic approach to pain management by addressing the underlying imbalances in the body. Rather than just treating the symptoms, acupuncture aims to restore balance and promote overall well-being. This comprehensive approach can lead to long-term pain relief and improved quality of life.
- Few Side Effects: Acupuncture is a safe and non-invasive treatment option for pain management. It does not involve the use of medications or invasive procedures, reducing the risk of side effects commonly associated with pharmaceutical interventions.
It’s important to note that the effectiveness of acupuncture for pain management can vary depending on the individual and their specific condition. It is recommended to consult with a qualified acupuncturist to determine if acupuncture is suitable for your pain management needs.
Alleviate stress while simultaneously being treated for your ailments with acupuncture.
Acupuncture produces improved energy and biochemical balance, which results in stimulating the body’s natural healing abilities and promoting physical and emotional well-being. In addition to providing treatment and relief for specific ailments, acupuncture helps create balance and peace.
Monmouth Pain offers acupuncture as treatment for a number of health issues.
Acupuncture can be used as a treatment on its own, or to help supplement your other treatments in our multidisciplinary office, including physical therapy.
Acupuncture aids in natural healing and physical & emotional well being.
Many patients express that the treatment creates a sense of balance and peace. Acupuncture provides a mechanism for one to be treated for his or her illnesses while alleviating stress and worries. Difficulty sleeping, irritability, and restlessness can be treated with our acupuncture program. Acupuncture may also provide treatment for fertility problems. Numerous women have difficulties conceiving due to stress and anxiety, and treating stress and anxiety via acupuncture can help make the conception process easier.
Acupuncture for Weight Loss
Acupuncture can benefit your body and help with weight loss. There are two mechanisms for the body to gain weight: fat cell deposits and water retention. Monmouth Pain has certified acupuncturists in Wall Township, New Jersey that can help you achieve weight loss. If you are interested in learning more about how to lose weight with acupuncture, visit our Acupuncture for Weight Loss Page.
Quit Smoking with Acupuncture
Those looking for assistance with smoking cessation can benefit from acupuncture; it has helped turn a growing number of cigarette smokers into non-smokers. If you are looking to quit smoking with acupuncture visit our office in Wall Township, New Jersey. Our acupuncture team has a program to help you quit smoking with acupuncture treatments in just a short period of time. Visit our Monmouth Pain’s Quit Smoking with Acupuncture page here.
Acupuncture for Fertility & Pregnant Women
Many people are surprised at the vast benefits of acupuncture and how it can support fertility and healthy pregnancy. Acupuncture can help escalate fertility through the reduction of stress, increased circulation to the reproductive organs, as well as balancing hormones. Acupuncture uses thin needles that are strategically placed throughout the body to stimulate points that activate the nervous and endocrine systems, which are responsible for the production of certain chemicals and hormones that regulate the body’s daily functions. If you are interested in learning more about how acupuncture can help with fertility or relieve pain and stress during your pregnancy, visit our Acupuncture for Fertility & Pregnant Women page.
Preventative Care by Acupuncture
At Monmouth Pain we believe the best healthcare is one that creates health as opposed to one that simply treats disease. Acupuncture is qualified for preventative care and keeping your body healthy because it is rooted in holistic healthcare. By treating the body as a dynamic system, our acupuncturists treat any symptoms plus the whole body, helping it stay healthy and strong. When the body is healthy, disease is prevented.
Acupuncture has been known to increase energy and strength while boosting the immune system. Strengthening the immune system via acupuncture will help the body fight off colds and infections. Changes in weather and seasons can also affect our bodies. Acupuncture treatments during this time can help prepare our bodies for the upcoming changes.
Athletes and active people can also benefit from acupuncture. Early treatments will help these individuals in the long-run by healing smaller aches and pains before they develop into career-ending injuries.
Whether acupuncture is sought for weight loss, smoking, or preventative care, Monmouth Pain’s Acupuncture Program is here to assist you meet your goals. Call us today for a consultation at (732) 345-1377 or fill out the form on this page to schedule an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions about Acupuncture
Many individuals hear the word needles and are hesitant; here are a few FAQ’s to help you know what to expect from your acupuncture treatment.
Many ask, do the acupuncture needles hurt?
The needles are very thin and do not penetrate very deeply. Most of the time you do not even feel the needle entering the skin, during the treatment or when they are removed. Instead, you simply lie restfully in a spa-like setting.
Will I bleed from the needles used during an acupuncture treatment?
The needles are so thin, rarely will there be any blood and if it does happen it is usually a drop when the needle is removed. But again, this is rare.
What if I need to move during my acupuncture treatment?
Movement is OK during the treatment and a practitioner is always available if you become uncomfortable or need to get up.
Is Acupuncture safe?
The needles used during an acupuncture treatment all new and never re-used and disposed of properly. The acupuncture treatment is performed in a comfortable medical office.
Hopefully, some of your questions have been answered. If you have any other questions about what to expect during your acupuncture treatment, don’t hesitate to contact one of our New Jersey Certified Acupuncturists before your treatment.
Who can benefit from Acupuncture?
Acupuncture can access deep healing systems within the body, especially the endocrine system. For patients with adrenal fatigue or chronic fatigue syndrome, the needles can act as a catalyst to bring blood and nourishment to the affected glands. This brings them out of a state of dormancy and wakes them up, so to speak, to begin functioning at a healthy level.
Monmouth Pain & Rehabilitation’s acupuncturists can treat patients with hormonal imbalances, causing problems such as fertility issues (women who have low levels of progesterone/estrogen, for example). In this case, acupuncture helps to strengthen the endocrine system and promote the increase and release of sexual hormones.
The World Health Organization has documented numerous studies and updated research on acupuncture and has compiled a list of various diseases and conditions that acupuncture can help treat and/or cure. Acupuncture is not a meta-physical or philosophical system with no science as a foundation. Acupuncture is a physical medicine that provokes deep responses in the central nervous system and brain, endocrine, and immune system, which creates local and distal tissue activity.
Acupuncture has its limits and is not a “fix-all/cure-all” system of medicine, but here are some of the researched and scientifically validated conditions/diseases it can help:
Infertility (men or women)
chronic pain (idiopathic or diagnosed)
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- irritable bowel syndrome
- digestive disorders
headaches (multiple including migraines)
childhood behavioral disorders
Pain Relief with Acupuncture at Our Monmouth & Ocean County Rehabilitation Facilities
In Chinese Medicine, pain is considered blocked energy. Acupuncture has been a primary modality for thousands of years to provide people with pain relief by removing this blocked energy through acupuncture needles. It is believed that acupuncture contributes to pain relief by releasing opioid peptides in the brain that have a natural painkilling effect. Acupuncture may also alter the secretion of specific neurotransmitters that play a direct role in the sensation of pain.
Our licensed acupuncturists are trained in the Chinese tradition. The treatments are painless and can provide immediate long term relief from acute and chronic pain. Conditions such as chronic severe low back pain, headaches, and neck pain are commonly treated here at Monmouth Pain.
Acupuncture and its Benefits on Numerous Illnesses and Injuries:
Acupuncture can be effectively used to treat a number of illnesses and injuries. It is done by relieving bodily energy imbalances and blockages by the usage of hair-link needles placed at specific points on the body, painlessly improving health. Acupuncture is commonly used for weight loss, allergies, migraines and to help individuals quit smoking. Acupuncture can also be used for a variety of different treatments including neck pain, anxiety, obesity, arthritis, pain management, auto accident injuries, respiratory illnesses, back pain, sciatica, chronic fatigue, shoulder pain, depression, sinus problems, disc injuries, smoking, diarrhea, sports injuries, gastritis, tendonitis, gingivitis, tennis elbow, headaches, toothaches and migraines.
How Can We Help You?
If you are suffering from pain or are looking for an alternative method to treat your symptoms, contact Monmouth Pain & Rehabilitation to get more information about acupuncture. Our licensed acupuncturist can help answer any questions you may have before your treatment. Even if you would like to simply have a consultation to see if acupuncture is right for you, contact us and we will accommodate your request and answer all of your questions.
Whether acupuncture is sought for weight loss, smoking, or preventative care, Monmouth Pain’s Acupuncture Program is here to assist you meet your goals. Call us today for a free consultation ($245 value) at 732-345-1377 or fill out the form on this page to schedule an appointment.